The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad (CVSR) is working with ICA – Art Conservation on a new project to restore a mural on the Saint Lucie Sound car. The Saint Lucie Sound is a luxury, sleek tavern lounge observation car, acquired by CVSR from the Haslinger family in 1995. It was built in 1946 by the Budd Company for the Florida East Coast Railroad. Throughout its many years of service, the Saint Lucie went through several changes, altering the original character of the interior.
In 1982 R. Gordon Chaplin, who worked for Canadian General Tower Limited in Cambridge, Ontario, purchased the Saint Lucie Sound. The car was refurbished during this time. In this redesign, carpeting was glued over the front of the bar area.
To read the rest of this article visit the CVSR website below by clicking on the link below: